Monday, May 30, 2011

Tressel Resignation

Today was a very low day in the history of Ohio State. Waking up to the news of Jim Tressel was upsetting, but over the recent weeks it seemed rather inevitable and it was just a matter of when, not if. He has brought me some of the greatest memories of my college career and I really looked up him as a person, leader and face of the university. My opinion hasn't changed much because I feel very strongly that he was doing what he felt was the right thing for the institution and was brought down by student athletes who felt entitled. I won't get on that soap box. When big moments happen I always think about if I have photographed that person/event, and this was an obvious situation where I had. So this time I decided to look and see the last photo I took of Tressel as a coach at Ohio State (on the field, not the press conferences this spring) and came up with this photo from the trophy ceremony at the Sugar Bowl.

Photo property of The Lantern

I am ready to move on and I'm excited about the future, I just know this fall is not going to be like anything else in my 21 previous years.

On a separate note, I found field guide to photographing DC with maps and stuff to help you get some sweet shots. I'm on the fence about it because I don't want to copy but at the same time it looks like they have some pretty sweet shots marked out. I can get it on the iPad so I may go a few weeks without using it and call in backup if I'm struggling.

Off to bed, sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment